Question
Posted by: Worried And Frustrated | 2005/11/25

Endo And Cysts since 15

I Am Extremely Worried,Stressed And Frustrated.At The Age Of 15 I Started Suffering With BAD Peroid Pains.I Wnet To The Gyne And Said There He Couldnt See Anything.After 2 Years Of Suffering I Went Under The Knife.AFter The Lap He Said That There Was Nothing.I Was Then Taken To Another Gyne.He Said I Had Ovarian Cysts And Possibly Endo.8 Mnths After The First Op I Went For Another Lap.He Burnt The Endo And Cut The Cysts And Flapped It So They Wont Grow Back.I Have Been On Diane 35 Since The Age Of 16.A Year After The Second Lap I HAd To Go For Another Lap.Again He Found Severe Endo And Cysts And My Left Ovary Was Stuck Down.He Burnt The endo And Cut The Cysts AGAIN and unstuck The Ovary.After That Op He Said That I Should Stop The Diane Which I HAve And Since Then I HAve Irregular Periods And Sometimes No Period For 2 Months. The Third Op Was Done 8 Months Ago.I Am Suffering Horribly With Pains On My Left Side.I Was Due To Come On 2 Weeks Ago.The Pain Is Getting Worse!! I Am Not Prepared To Go For Anotrher Op As I Am Sure Each Time I Go For An Op It Reduces My Chances Of Having Kids.I Am Worried That I Might Be Infertile Already.I Am Only 20 Now Want To HAve Kids Someday. What Can I Do? Do You Know Of Any Really Good Endo And Cyst Specialists In JHB that I Could See. The Pain Is Unbearable And It IsThe Pain I Felt When I Had The Cysts And Endo. I Also Don't Ovulate Every Month.I Have Had Blood Tests Done And My Oestrogen And Progesterone Are Even Lower Then Post Menopausal Levels.Am I Doomed To Suffer My Entire Life With This? Please Help Any Way You Can.

I Appreciate Your Time And Input

Stressed Worried And Frustrated

I would suggest you consult one of the Gynae Endocrinologists at the teaching hospital in JHB.