Question
Posted by: Just me | 2006/10/26

Employer screwing me.....

I know this is the wrong place to write, but hopefully someone in the know will read it and help me out! I have resigned and am leaving on Friday! Thing is, I have leave days due to me, how I see it, is that I get taxed on my salary X amount and then X amount on my leave! Now I see that I am paying them almost 6000 tax, I get no leave pay out, just an extra 156!!!! How is that possible! I think they are doing what they can not to pay me my leave! And on my letter of employment, I am entitled to 30 days leave, they are only paying me out 13 days! (not really paying me out, cause I get nothing out!) What do I do???

,,,,,

9
Posted by: penny | 2006/10/26

go to CCMA, they will definately help you.

Reply to penny
Posted by: cb | 2006/10/26

How long have you been at the company. At 30 days you should be accruing leave at 2.5 days a month. They will also add your leave pay to your normal pay so it might push you into another tax bracket and this is why you might pay a lot more tax.

Reply to cb
Posted by: Just me | 2006/10/26

Whoops, I just saw that there is another just me that has posted on this site, it was not me.... I'll change my name!

Reply to Just me
Posted by: Just me | 2006/10/26

I'll see what happens tomorrow when my auditor speaks to the HR lady! PS its me, Monday ;o)

Reply to Just me
Posted by: kat | 2006/10/26

well im waiting to find out what time i can go for the second one. everyone says whats for you wont go by you but its easier to say it than to believ it coz if this is not for me then what is. why dont you give the ccma a call.

Reply to kat
Posted by: kat | 2006/10/26

your tax should be the same as any other month, and the leave pay is over and above that.

Reply to kat
Posted by: Just me | 2006/10/26

The HR lady is my bosses MOTHER!!!!!! I have spoken to my auditor, he will be speaking to her tomorrow, I am just scared I dont get out what is owed to me!!! PS Kat, how was the interview???

Reply to Just me
Posted by: kat | 2006/10/26

they are screwing you, iagree with Paul

Reply to kat
Posted by: Paul | 2006/10/26

Go to the HR dept and call the ccma or labour protect.

Reply to Paul