Question
Posted by: Penni | 2002/12/03

Emphysema

I saw two replies re emphysema but cannot find what the symptoms are and how it affects a person

Penni, the main symptoms include chronic cough, excessive sputum, shortness of breath and wheezing. In some people the skin get a blue tint. Let me know if you have more questions.

1
Posted by: Penni | 2002/12/11

My husband appears to have the above symptoms, He had encephalitis last year - can this be after effect of smoking and if he smoked whilst he had the illness can this cause more damage? He still suffers from bad headaches, and cholestrol is over 6.

Reply to Penni