Question
Posted by: Disheartened | 2008/05/24

Empathy with 'My Storie'

Dear Dr Bets Breedt

I would also like to know WHY our doctors dont take the time or trouble to PROPERLY diagnoze a patient.
I am speaking from experience and have seen over the past 10 years I have found things have become worse. Its as though they just dont care for the patients anymore!

I think that is why so many people resort to asking questions on this forum before going to the doctor. Medical Aid funds run out so quickly and then to waste time and money and the doctor does not take the time or care to really get to the bottom of a problem.

I am wondering how many unneccessary operation are done which could have been avoided saving unneccesary expenses and pain.

Thank you for your time and empathy with those of us who come to you on this forum for some peace of mind.

Thank you for your feedback. I am however, not able to speak on behalf of other GP's.

Kind regards

2
Posted by: Keen | 2008/05/26

Obviously Anon you don't understand the frustration being undiagnosed for years and to suffer without treatment. If you did, your comment would not be in this forum. Many people go for second opinions but cannot be diagnosed. So they are just left to suffer or diagnosed as depressed. Sad but true.

Reply to Keen
Posted by: anon | 2008/05/25

And I just wonder if you and the other person are so good why don`t you go to varsity and become doctors yourselfs. If you do not agree with your doctor ask for a second opinion. That is with in your rights. That is what most of us are doing.

Reply to anon