Question
Posted by: Cat | 2005/12/13

Emotionally abused by a boyfriend

How would you know for sure it is happening!!!!

WHy would that be hard to know ? It HURTS, his comments and actions ar designed to hurt, demean, and diminish you. What you describe sounds like emotional abuse.

5
Posted by: been there | 2005/12/14

Leave him!

Talking out of experience. I've had a boyfriend who liked to belittle me, my dad and my sister (although he loved my mom and would have done anything for her). He also abused alcohol. I told him to leave - friends now are telling me I'm a more happy and relaxed person since he's not around. He also was jealous because of my good relations with my boss and his wife and accused me of having an affair with him. Please, MY BOSS IS 5 YEARS OLDER THAN MY OWN FATHER!!!!!

Leave him and carry on with your life - being happy, relaxed and loved by your friends!!!!!

Reply to been there
Posted by: Cat | 2005/12/13

Ok i just needed to hear it from someone who knows what they talking about thanks.
What should i do about it?

Reply to Cat
Posted by: Cat | 2005/12/13

I am a very friendly person with lots of love to give, i get along with most people and since i have been with him i have lost my friends. and i have been with him 7 years now and i feel i cant take it anymore. he is alway trying to change me and i think i am a great person why should i change. i am so unhappy and i think he is too but does not want to face it and us being down i am sure my little girl feels it tooo :(
He is very jealous person he checks my phone if it rings asks who was that everytime, if my family come and i spend time with them he doen not like it !!!!!! i just got my drivers and he makes me feel like i cant drive note i passed it first time....

Reply to Cat
Posted by: ... | 2005/12/13

If he swears at you... calls you names... throws tantrums in a way to make you feel bad.... does things to spite you... doesn't talk to you.... ignores you totally.... belittles your efforts....doesn't take your feelings into account when he says things... or does things..... those of the kinds of things an abuser does.....

Reply to ...
Posted by: Delene | 2005/12/13

How did you feel about yourself before you met him, better or worse?

Is he lifting you up, building you up? or does he constantly say things that puts you on a low?

If you felt better about yourself before you met him - emotional abuse
if he cracks jokes that always seem to hurt you or say things that make you feel low. emotional abuse

Reply to Delene