Question
Posted by: Vonzonon | 2004/10/21

Emotional Pain makes me forget what I am said to others

Hi Doc,

My problem is that, since I met my boyfriend I've realised that I forget the things I say immediately afterwards, when we have a disagreement.

He hurt me again emotionally, by making me feel that I am not that significent and unworthy. this morning I couldnt shake it off me that he inflicted so much pain on me.

while I was crying I sent him an email and deleted it immediately after sending, when I wanted to recall what I typed in that email I just cant remember exactly what was on it. Sometimes he will also tell me that I once told him something that I totally cant recall when we were having a disagreement.

Am I suffering something I dont know of, pls help me.

V, we often don't remember well what we have said in anger, in an arugment --- it happens quickly, we're furious, and frankly, we're usually not really listening to ourselves. See a counsellor for yourself, or see if he may join you in couples / relationshuip counselling.
I don't understand about the email --- surely you have set up your Outlook Express or whatever to automatically keep a copy of every email you send ?