Question
Posted by: mimi | 2004/10/25

emotional out grown

Hi all , I spend most last week on a course but during the time thought alot ! I took a book this weekend (spend the weekend on the farm , alone with the kids) I wrote down the alised the following , this man is keeping me from my family , he brakes me down emotianly I would say "I want to join the sugar guilt , hes answer was " forget it , you will never be able to do it you are always rushing things " I wanted to do mosiac same reply, I use to do fabric painting but my husband said that I do not do it nicely ....... , he always fights with my eldest son but when he had a couple of drinks he will give him love and play with him , he insults me in front of his family , he will say things like "you must ask my sister for some tips on doing youre hair" , I want to further my studies , my husband disagrees , in fact he wanted me to stop working (wich I will NEVER do), I am starting agian next year ,
At this stage I have decided to get a divorce , I want us to agree on this decision , I will go for counselling and ask the counseller how can I build a relationship with all these things that happened , it already did severe damadge , I am closed , emotionaly beaten up , I can never trust him again ...., I can only hope the counsellor will make his mind open to realise that our marraige is over , I want to carry on with my life ........

mimi,
I can fully understand your thinking and your conclusion. There can be a persistent pattern of undermining and insulting that might not be widely considered as abusive, but can be truly damaging. Go the marriage counselling route, but resolved that it is not You who needs to change in the sense of giving up your entirely reasonable dreams and self-pride.