Question
Posted by: nickybee | 2004/03/11

emergency contraceptive

ovulation calculator calculated indicated fertility period as 4-7 of mar, had unprotected sex during this time on the 4th to be exact, took emergency contraception (ovral) 5 days therafter. what are the chances that i might be pregnant.
my husband i i are planning a baby but want to give birth in Dec, meaning that i was suppose to have unprotected sex only during ovulation period april. how will the emergency contraception effect ovulation.

Expert ImageHIV Peer Forum

It may effect your ovulation in April. Did you have a period after taking the treatment?

1
Posted by: malaika | 2004/03/12

There is a gynae forum but i can answer your question.If you only took the emergency pill 5 days after unprotected sex and you're sure that you were ovulating then you have a good chance of falling pregnant.The emergency pill (ovral) works up to 72 hours later(3 days) so 5 days is a bit late unless you didn't ovulate on the 4th or at all.I can't say for sure if you are pregnant.You'll have to test yourself but since you are planning on a baby then having it a month earlier shouldn't be much of a problem.Good Luck.

Reply to malaika