Question
Posted by: nickybee | 2004/03/11

emergency contraception

ovulation calculator calculated indicated fertility period as 4-7 of mar, had unprotected sex during this time on the 4th to be exact, took emergency contraception (ovral) 5 days therafter. what are the chances that i might be pregnant and if so what will the effect of the contraceptive be on the fetus..
my husband i i are planning a baby but want to give birth in Dec, meaning that i was suppose to have unprotected sex only during ovulation period april. how will the emergency contraception effect ovulation

I am not sure why you had intercourse during your fertile time if you did not wish to fall pregnant. The emergency pill at this time would be about 90% effective in preventing pregnancy. The emergency pill often disrupts your cycle, so you may well not ovulate in April or ovulate at a different time from expected. Life is not a computer, it cannot be planned exactly to the month.