Posted by: Charles | 2008/10/19

Embarrassed to see doctor

Hi! I have to visit my doctor because I'  ve found a lump in one of my testicles. I'  m worried because I get an erection from the slightest stimulation - sometimes all I have to do is to take my pants off and I get rock-hard but it doesn'  t always happen that way. I'  m a straight guy and it is embarrassing for me because my doctor is also a man and I'  m worried what he might think if he examines my testicles and I get hard. I would like to know if this is usual/unusual and what I should say to my doctor beforehand in case it does happen. Thank you.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageTeen expert

Hi Charles,

doctors are aware that this can and does happen, especially to teenage guys. What I suggest is that if it does happen that you can just say to him that this happens a lot to you at the moment and that its embarrasing - your doctor will remember this all too well, so try not to worry.

What is important is that you do get the lump checked out - this is VERY important. Testicular cancer if that is what it is is very treatable and the reason people experience complications is that they are too embarrassed to see their doctor. So please go and see him asap.

It may be that the lump is not something to worry about - but let your doctor be the judge of that. Put your health first and your pride second and you will be fine.

Hope all goes ok.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Kman | 2008/10/20

Hi There,

Firstly dont be ambarrased to see your doctor, like I have sad in my previous posts, doctors do what they do for a living and they see this type of thing very often.
Although your situation is embarrasing, you must go see you doctor! When you get there, before he examines you just tell him what to expect, this might be hard but if you at least tell him it wont be so bad when it happens.

Just do please go and see your doctor!

Best of Luck :-)

Reply to Kman

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.