Posted by: Charles | 2008/10/18

Embarrassed to see doctor.

Hi! I have to visit my doctor because I' ve found a lump in one of my testicles. I' m worried because I get an erection from the slightest stimulation - sometimes all I have to do is to take my pants off and I get rock-hard but it doesn' t always happen that way. I' m a 26 year old straight man and it is embarrassing for me because my doctor is also a man and I' m worried what he might think if he examines my testicles and I get hard. I would like to know if this is usual/unusual and what I should say to my doctor beforehand in case it does happen. Thank you.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageSexologist

I'm really pleased that you are serious about seeing your doctor - this is important to get checked out. You need to remember that the doctor knows how the body works, and therefore will not misinterpret bodily reflexes - it does not mean anything other than your body is working well (just like if a doctor put a speculum on my tongue I might gag - it doesn't mean I think he's just means my gag reflex is sensitive). So don't worry about a thing, including explaining yourself. It may not happen given your nerves, but if it does, the doctor knows it doesn't mean anything, the main thing is that you get this lump checked out!

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Triple X | 2008/10/20

Hey There!! I can understand your concerns and I am sure that your doctor has heard all sorts of things. So when you go and see him explain whats happening to you [even if you look out the window while doing so]. You might find that nerves kick in and you wont get an erection when he examines you. If its any consolation, women also feel very nervous when going to the gynae, especially when discussing things that we would not normally talk about. But the most important part is to have that lump checked out, dont leave it cos you are nervous of going to a doctor.

Reply to Triple X
Posted by: ray | 2008/10/18

hi man
please go see a doc, it is a normal desease and is for your own benefit sumtimes in life we gotta put ourselves 1st for our survival so please dont mind the doc is for your own benefit.....

good luck

Reply to ray

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.