Question
Posted by: missy | 2004/11/08

Embarrasing vaginal flatulence

Ever since the birth of my daughter (5 kg at birth) I have had the unfortunate vaginal flatulence. It happens at the MOST inopportune moments. I have done pelvic floor muscles to no avail. Is it possible that because my daighter was so big and they had to cut, that some permanent damage has been done?

Please help, I'm desperate!

I agree with Nix.

3
Posted by: Purple | 2004/11/08

My baby was 3.4 kg, and I had this problem for a few weeks after the birth and then it reduced (kegel exercises). I can't provide any info, just wanted to say that I feel for you though.
Hopefully with time and more kegels things will get better for you and you won't have to resort to surgery.

Reply to Purple
Posted by: mishca | 2004/11/08

Thanks Niks. If i get embarrased one more time I'm goign to opt for surgery!

Reply to mishca
Posted by: Niks | 2004/11/08

I have the same problem after having 4.5kg babies - with a tear (not cuts)...

I fear that we have just been stretched too far.

I also do regular kegels and have toned the rim of muscles around the vaginal opening but I still get a bellow effect for air being sucked inside and then pushing out, This particularly happens when I am doing yoga and I have to be quite careful...

It's annoying, but I don't think there's much you can do except learn to control the expilsion, eg move slowly to it comes out slower and not in a big noisy rush, the other alternative is surgery, which I am not keen on...

Reply to Niks