Question
Posted by: Q | 2007/04/17

Embarrasing

I have no idea if this is related to my pregnancy, I am nine weeks but I seem to have developed some sort of sore inside the lips of my vagina. I have never experienced anything like this. It looks like a pimple or mosquito bite but there is no pimple like "head" which could be squeezed. It is quite itchy and burns at the same time. What on earth could it be and do you know what sort of ointment I can use. I hope it goes away before my next gynae check up - how embarrasing would that be.

Expert ImageForumArchive

What you’ve described looks like a vaginal yeast infection to me. It is not necessarily sexually transmitted so your sexual activity doesn’t matter. I would strongly suggest you see your doc and in the meantime you can try treating it with vaginal cream available at your pharmacy.

Best of luck
Health Admin