Question
Posted by: shy | 2006/07/19

embarassing/stupid/weird question

I've recently noticed a "rash" just in my bum cleavage (sorry don'y know how else to put it) It's little knobs, I'm not sure if it's a rash. I'm actually scared that it'll be something connected to worms - I visited my mom recently and her dog had worms. I'm sorry I know this is a weird question I just want to know if it's something I should be concerned with or will it go away by itself? thanks

Dear shy
This does not sound like symptoms of worms. It may be heat rash. Use something like Fissan paste for a few days.

1
Posted by: anxious | 2006/07/20

There is nothing weird about your question! It never ceases to amaze me how many postings you read on this forum about people being "too embarrased" to go to their gp for such and such a problem. Make no mistake I have had plenty of embarrassing examples over the years, but one has to understand that if you have a caring, professional doctor (if you dont you should be changing doctors!), most of the problems people feel too embarrassed about going to gp's for are issues they deal with on a daily basis. Perhaps the public need to read more medical material, because if they do they will begin to understand that there really is no need to feel embarrassed about going to your doctor for ANY problem one might have. That's part of doctors' training (well good doctors anyway), that they treat each and every patient in a dignified, professional manner and if the patient considers something a problem, however minor the doctor might think it is, he/she deals with it as such.

Relax shy! Everyone has what he/she thinks embarrassing problems. You are just doing the right thing finding out if you need to treat your problem!

Reply to anxious