Posted by: Cindy | 2008/12/01

Embarassed and confused 2

Thank you for your advice. I will make an appointment when I get home to South Africa in January.

In the meantime, can you explain what " pathology of the uterus"  is?

Thank you so much

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear Cindy
I think Dr Anrich meant that you may have a disease in the uterus like an infection? If you did not menstruate for a year and then bleed, they usually do a biopsy or scraping of the uterus to exclude cancer. If you only skipped 5 months this is probably not necessary and I would suggest that they do a sonar to see if the inside lining of the uterus is normal. Your Doctor or Gyne should also take a smear and send it away to the lab to check for infection. They can do a blood test to see if you are menopausal or not. I wonder if you should wait until January for treatment - it may be risky as the infection can spread or get worse. Is it very difficult to see a GP where you are now?
Dr Bets

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.