Question
Posted by: C. | 2007/02/27

Eltroxin.

Hi.

Been to the Pscyco yesterday and lithium levels fine. Have a problem though with an underactive thyroid. Is it ok to take the Eltroxin at night with my night meds, or is it better in ther mornings? Same old same old to me, I take it at night time.

You REALLY need to check that with your psycho. Good that the lithium levels are fine ; an underactive thyroid can be relevant in several ways to Lithium and bipolar disorder, and would need to be taken into account by your doc.

1
Posted by: Lynda | 2007/02/27

Hi C, I have beeen taking eltroxin for years. I take mine in the morning. Never take eltroxin with calcium and magnesium as it will reduce absorbtion. I take diotroxin as well. In fact Lithium is known to cause an underactive thyroid, do a google search.

Reply to Lynda