Question
Posted by: eltroxin | 2004/10/18

eltroxin

I was stupid and I think i sit with the conciquences.
I was dieting and did not loose weight. My friend suggested that I should try and use Eltroxin because I do not loose weight although I was really followin a stric diet plan. Just to give you some background. I was always overweight and then lost 20 kgs on dr Cohan's diet. I felt and looked great. I've picked up about 5kg's when I got married, got pregnant picked up 12 lost all 12 and then picked up for no reason 10 - so I'm back where I've started. I do not know why I can't loose weight. When I used the eltroxin I could not really feel a difference,but when I've stopped I picked up loads.

I know I should probably go and see a dr but do not have a gp that I know well. Could you suggest anyone in Centurion

Dear Eltroxin
Please do consult a medical dr to have your female hormone, insulin and thyroid levels tested. Look in the phone book under "Medical" and select a gp in your area. You may well have a thyroid deficiency or insulin resistance or you may have upset your hormonal balance by taking Eltroxin when you did not need it and/or have landed up in the 'yo-yo dieting trap'. Also consult a clinical dietitian (check the List of Dietitians on this Website or phone 082-593-0276 or send an e-mail to sscharf@nhcltd.com or look in your local telephone directory or Yellow Pages, to find a dietitian in your area). The dietitian help you to work out a diet that helps you lose weight and/or controls your insulin resistance.