Question
Posted by: to shy to tell | 2004/12/13

elimination disorder affecting vagina?

dear dr
i have had the same problem for probably 25 years.as long as i can remember i have had encopresis or elimination disorder that takes the form of digital stimulation of the rectum.i do not feel comfortable talking to anyone but a psychologist hinted at it and i looked it up and at least know im not alone in my behaviour.obviously all this tampering in that area has caused the muscle to be less than what it should be.i am also now noticing that my vagina is feeling very loose if i can say that.it is causing me to be very shy and not willing to hvae sex for fear of embarrasment.is there treatment for this and what kind of dr will know about these things?this is a terrible secret that i am carrying with me for all these years but it is finally catching up with me.i am so embarrassed that i have not been to a gynae for about ten years.i am also very afraid that a dr will notice abnormalities since i am pregnant and have to see one soon as i am 12 weeks pregnant.please help.i want to be normal.

Your problem should not interefere with the vagina. You may find that this is only a problem during pregnancy as the muscles do tend to get lax at that time. I would suggest that you wait till after your pregnancy and see what things are like then. You can, in the mean time, do vaginal muscle exercises. This involves 'knyping' as though you were cutting off a stream of urine midway. You should do these 50 times a day.