Question
Posted by: Stef | 2011/01/06

Electrical vibration in head and ears - GAD

Good Day
I would like to find out if you know what could be wrong with me. Last year i''ve been in hospital which they did an angiogram, MRI of the brain and colonoscopy, the 1st cardiooligist daignosed me with Cardio Myopath, General surgeon diagnosed me with Ulcerative colotis and the neurologist said all was normal. I went for second opions and the cardiologist said all is fine he can not see that anything is wrong and the general surgeon did another colonoscopy which said everything is in order only internal piles no eveidance of ulcerative colotis. Eventualy my house dr send me to a psychiatrist who diagnosed me with GAD and placed me on Valuim, Wellbruten and atarax. Since the 1st day i''ve been to the hospital i had muscle tightness, short muscle feeling in my head and all weird symptoms. I''ve been back to the psychiatrist and said it could be thoractic outlet syndrome or sympathic trunk that could be pinched....she advised me to a Chiropractor and physiotherapist after numerous sessions i''m still in the same position, tighten muscles around the back of my head, left ear, neck and shoulder until the mid back area. All this gives me muscle tension which let other parts of my body muscles jump when relaxing, electric vibration feeling in my head, ears, neck and back. I would just like to know what could it be and who would i need to see and orthopedic surgeon or Neuro Surgeon?

Hallo Stef
I think I agree with your psychiatrist and think the cause of your symptoms are severe muscle spasm in the upper back and neck area. See if you can find a physiotherapist that can do "dry needling" of the triggerpoints in your neck and back. Ask the physio to show you how to do neck and upper back exercises to prevent muscle spasm. I also suggest that you see a psychologist for one or two sessions to teach you how to do physical relaxation techniques, which you must try to do 2-3 times a day. Orthopedic surgeons only work with joint diseases and neurosurgeons work only with nerves that are compressed to such an extent that an operation is necessary.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/01/06

Hallo Stef