Question
Posted by: Lara | 2007/02/27

Electric shock through head.

Dear Dr. I'm 11 weeks pregnant and need advice. I have asked my dr, but - was told it's noramal before I could even start to explain.Whenever I turn my head, or shut my eyes, I experience a strange feeling. It is not dizziness or faintness or low blood sugar. It feels like an electric shock. Sort of like a very faint epeleptic shock - (but it's not) It numbes my arm for a mili second. It is almost like just before you fall asleep on your arms and suddenly wake up - that nauseous feeling. I'm getting this at least 70 times a day!
Please help me with advise. Had a scan yesterday and everything is fine. My mother told me she experienced the same with her 1st pregnancy. Her dr finally told her to get bioplus. She said that it helped her. I tried 10ml, but didn't feel better. This is making me crazy as I just don't want to move anymore.

It is possible that this is a type of migraine, but a full nervous systerm examination would be necessary in view of the numbness. You would have to discuss this with your doctor.