Posted by: Zzzz | 2009/02/06

Electric shock

Dear CyberDoc

At work, every time I touch the handle of our office door, the metal blinds, or even if I touch the metal surrounding the control knobs of the old air-conditioner I get a small electric shock.

Out of the whole office this only happens to me. Everyone tells me that I should get more iron in my diet.

Could that be the problem?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Thank you for visiting

You are obviously more prone to static electricity, so I suggest that you do not touch these objects. There is however, no pathological explanation for this. To set your mind at ease, you can have blood tests done, to exclude anemia (iron deficiency).


Dr Anrich Burger

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: ZzZ | 2009/02/06

This happens to my boyfriend all the time too! He refuses to take parking tickets out of the machines cause he get shocked every time and I never do.

Reply to ZzZ

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.