Question
Posted by: Cindy C | 2008/08/04

electric blanket

we have started to use an electric blanket as opposed to any heaters in the house and it has saved our electricity bill immensely!

Expert ImageEnviroHealth expert

Yes, heating a smaller area (bed and you) is better than space heating.

And now for the next incremental improvement... How about heating the bed for a short while, then turning off the electric blanket when you get into bed and loading up with another ordinary blanket?

2
Posted by: EnviroHealth Expert | 2008/08/11

Good tip. The trusty hotwater bottle should not be snubbed either.

Reply to EnviroHealth Expert
Posted by: B | 2008/08/09

Better yet, 2 small heating bags (the kinds with the seeds inside) a total of 6 minutes in the microwave and voila, one at my feet and one at my back and I am toast for the night. And they are perpetually resusable if you do not overheat them.

Reply to B