Question
Posted by: Beyond Tired | 2004/10/11

El-Jo, Lulu - Reponse

Hi El-Jo,
Cannot get to the article referred to, I have been blocked from going to the site. Thanks though for the thought.

Dear Lulu,
I understand what you are saying, it is fine and I do want the advice, it actually does help, it is just extremely difficult for me to do anything about it at the moment, I don't understand it myself. I sincerely am trying to help myself otherwise I would not be seeking advice or help from either this forum or from my doctors. I allowed myself to be booked into a hospital so that they can help me, it didn't really help according to me, it made matters worse, I have gone from being depressed to being suicidal and the high's are just too high, the low's too low, I cannot explain it. The treatment is not working, thus it is going to be changed tomorrow.

I do not have the happy so called life you refer to, I have difficulties I am unable to overcome at the moment but trying hard including my mind. I don't understand what you see as happiness though, yes someone loves me, yes I have a wonderful daughter, yes I have a good job but no I am not happy, I am not what I am supposed to be, I am the one at fault. Maybe I just don't like me and thus don't care about the rest. I am so darned angry and frustrated, irritated one minute and the next so sad I want to die, can you explain this? My life isn't bad I suppose, but it ain't good either, the difficulties are piling up and I am not coping. Sorry.

Have a great day.

Sorry you were blocked from the site, as I was able to reach it. Ah well,,,,
And isn't the alcohol fouling up the planning and good intentions, still ?

4
Posted by: rsm | 2004/10/11

You must always remember that life is about choices. There is always someone out there that has it worse off than yourself.

Let me explain===i was left parentless in an orphonage. My eldest sister was killed a week before her marraige. My brother who is the eldest now, was told that he had blood-cancer a year ago. My only sister still living, had her hubby killed a month before her marraige in an air crash. I landed up in prison 10 years ago for wrong doings myself.

You know what???? I THEN TOOK A LIFE'S DECISION AND THAT WAS THAT NOBODY ( AND LIFE ITSELF ) OWS ME ANYTHING. IF I WAS TO MAKE IT IN LIFE, IT WAS UP TO ME TO MAKE IT. ====AND I TOOK THE DECISION TO MAKE IT.

Today, 8 years down the line, i am one of the most successfull businessman in our community and my brother and sister is going strong themselfs as well.

You need to make the same decission

Reply to rsm
Posted by: Beyond Tired | 2004/10/11

Hi Lulu,
Your honesty is great and it is not making me feel worse, it is making me smile, maybe a strange reaction but ja, that's that. You are right, but I went into hospital to be helped and did everything they asked of me, I partook in all their sessions, spoke to the doctors and therapists, took the tablets, however the three days were hell and I was falling and they didn't notice or did but told me I was strong, I am, but obviously I am not as much as they/I thought. I believed I could and would come right but suddenly took a dip for the worse. I really do want to help myself, just struggling as said earlier.
Thanks for your comments. Take Care.

Reply to Beyond Tired
Posted by: lulu | 2004/10/11

I understand that, yes. You're not coping, but you're also not changing anything, as far as I can tell. You're not seeking advice on here, but rather a shoulder to cry on.

I didn't say you are or even should be happy now with what you have. I just meant to say that you don't have to deal with the usual causes of unhappiness as well, so you can focus on what's REALLY making you sick.

If it's difficult for you to do that, I have no response. Booking into a hospital can only help if you WANT to be helped. Overdoses, cutting, alcohol abuse... Depression has become suicide feelings... Do you not see warning lights yet?

Anyway, I'm out of sympathy. I feel very very sorry for you and hate that you cannot seem to get a grip on things, but there's really nothing I can say or do for you personally to help you get over this.

Bottom line and my opinion: You're looking to meds, dr's and forums to help. You leave out the crucial element though: YOU. I think you'll get better once you stop feeling sorry for yourself and once you start looking INSIDE for your cure.

I'm sorry if my honesty is making you feel worse. I'll stop now.

Reply to lulu
Posted by: Beyond Tired | 2004/10/11

El Jo,
Managed to get someone else to get it for me. Thanks will read.

Reply to Beyond Tired