Question
Posted by: Jenny. | 2007/03/01

Eish.

Hi.

This is quite embarrasing, so I'm happy I'm here, and you're way over there. I sometimes get those big, swolen, red pimples between my lips and hairline in the panty area. They usually sit there for a few days after which they pop open and heal. Now, for the first time, I have 2! And they sit neatly inside the hairline, right above the clitaurus area. They aren't painful (except when I touch them). What causes these pests, and how can I make them heal faster?

Thank you,
Jenny.

Hi Jenny
Staph aureus, the bacteria that causes these, lives on your skin especially in the warm moist areas. When you chafe the skin with i.e. tight pants, it may cause them to go into the hair follicle or into the opening of the gland, causing these pimples. Try washing with antiseptic soap 2-3 times a day to reduce the bacterial load, use bactroban on the pimple as soon as it comes out, don't wear tight clothes and wear cotton panties. If they make a yellow point, draining the pus makes it dry out quicker - ouch... I know.