Question
Posted by: Hartseer | 2004/11/27

Egskeiding

My eggenoot het sowat 8 dae gelede die huis verlaat. Hy wil 'n egskeiding he, ek vermoed dat hy nie sy depressie medikasie en epilim reg drink nie en dat hy beinvloed word deur sy familie. Hy ly ook aan slaaploosheid vanaf verlede week. Sy finansies is in 'n benarde toestand van dat hy die huis verlaat het hy maak skuld waar hy kom. Sy neef skakel hom gedurig as hy by die kinders kuier. Wat staan my te doen?
Baie dankie

Dear hartseer,
Sad to hear of your sorrow. People with untreated or undertreated depression quite often do make decisions that are not wise ; and may also be more susceptible to the influence of other people, not always to their benefit. And it's not clear from your mesage, but the epilim suggests a Bipolar disorder, and in a manic episode, even more than a depressive, mis-spending, financial foolishness, etc., are quite common. It sounds as if he is in the hands of his family, not allowing you much access to try to help or intervene. Is there some trustworthy senior family member who could help to clarify what's going on and express your point of view ? You may deserve some personal counselling, and may need th advice of a local lawyer.