Question
Posted by: pp | 2007/03/15

eggs

Hi dockI eat 2 boiled eggs every day along with 2 slices of whole wheat bread and a yoghourt for breakfast I have done this for months and I feel good and healthy .but I am told that I am eating too many eggs what is wrong with my breakfast.?

Dear PP
Eggs are excellent foods being rich in high-quality protein, iron and B vitamins, but each egg contains 208 mg of cholesterol, so 2 eggs will provide you with 418 mg of cholesterol a day, which is 139% of the Recommended Daily Allowance. In addition, the SA Heart Foundation has recommended that adult South Africans should not eat more than 4 eggs per week and you are eating 14!! Eat your yoghurt and the wholewheat bread with some fruit and a hot beverage and have one egg every third day.