Question
Posted by: Edd Donar | 2008/01/08

Egg donation

hi,

i am considering in doing egg donation. i would just like to know if there are any implications in doing this, is it safe and so on.
there are alot of stories on the internet. I will have to go on meds that is suppose to increase the number of eggs that i produce. will this have any effect on my own fertillity for when i want to concieve.

your help will be appreciated.

kind regards.

Dear Edd

There are many things to consider when donating eggs. The first would be the reason as to why you are donating the eggs. Is it for humanitarian reasons to help a couple who can not fall pregnant because they do not produce eggs? Or are the reasons for egg donation purely financial? If it’s purely financial, then you need to consider, what is very important how much is enough and how many cycles is going to be enough to make one happy financially. There are also ethical and legal considerations to take into account. As far as the safety in egg donation programs go, the whole process of egg donation is an invasive procedure and therefore not without any risks. Although the risks today are very small one should always remember that there are risks present.However, in general, when donating eggs it would not necessarily have an effect on your own fertility when you want to conceive.

1
Posted by: think egg | 2008/02/20

hi,

i am also considering doing egg donation. How is the retrieval of the eggs done,specifically?I am in contact with a clinic with whom you remain anonymous.Are there any other clinics in jo'burg that do this?Or is that the norm?

Any Advise to help me with my decision will be appreciated.

Reply to think egg