Question
Posted by: Aaran | 2006/10/25

Effexor XR 75

Good day
I would like to stop taking Effexor and my doc has said I should try and take 1/2 a day. As you know Effexor is actually a capsule. What I have been doing is opening the capsule and taking half the contents of each capsule. One day it will be encased in the capsule and the other day obviously I won't have a capsule to hold the contents in.
Is it okey to do this?
Thanks very much.

Expert ImagePharmacist

A,

It has been done this way before although not extremely accurate and not very patient friendly. It used to be available in a 37,5mg capsule as well (I dont think this has been discontinued).