Question
Posted by: Butterfly | 2006/03/31

Effects of stress

Hi Cs,

I am writing this to you in absolute floods of tears.
I am haveing a rough day with some guests. Geez, I think I may have bitten off more than I can chew with this second job I have taken on, I am to far in now to back out - besides - it would be a blight on my career.

I have been putting in 12-14 hour days every day, have a lot of stess in both jobs.

the hospitality one because It is approaching peak season, and my 'prpoer' job of procurement etc i am up to my eye balls in financials, supplier problems, vat claims etc. On top of that my bf crashed his day old new car last thurs so have been ferrying him to an from work everyday, plus having to do all the errands - shopping etc. Still do all the cleaning washing etc.

I am under so much pressure and I think I am cracking. I have never had an adverse reaction to stress, I am usually so composed.

Help - what can I do, are thwere any stess releiving techniques I can employ.

Hi BUtterfly,
Sorry to hear of your plight. Obviously you've been working very hard, and under much stress. Surely your bf can and should take a much larger share in the chores and errands ? I'm sure others will soon ofer many suggestions on healping with the stress -- and check the archives of the forum ( if you have the time !) as we've discussed it so often ! Hope you can get relief soon !

3
Posted by: Magus | 2006/03/31

Hi Butterfly,
The best way I find to fight stress is
- separate what you can change right now and what you cannot change right now and put the latter out of your mind for now. Stressing about stuff you cannot change right now is a waste of precious time and energy
- with the rest you have to do just give your best - that is the best you can do and do not stress about not completing things. You cannot give more than your best and if you look back you should not have any guilty feelings because you gave it your all.

At this point, once you have learnt it, you should have no stress left.

If you look at stress, it is an emotion we are actually doing to ourselves, it helps you 0%, it wasts your time and given enough time it will wreck your health, your life and your partnerships. Sometimes people even stress out of habit.

All the best.

Reply to Magus
Posted by: Taurus | 2006/03/31

Hey Butterfly,
I don't want to scare you, but less than a 1/2 an hour ago, my Mom emailed me to say that a 22 yo guy in her office just had a heart attack! Stress related!
I think that you should take some time out for yourself. Some pamper time. I know the problem with the lifestyle nowadays, longer hours, less pay, more work etc, etc, etc. But one should always be able to have time to themselves, even if you just veg infront of the tv with a bottle of wine and some popcorn. You need to do something that will take your mind off work. You need to get away from the hustle and bustle of city life, take a trip into the countryside. Switch your cell off.
I hope this helps a little!
;o)

Reply to Taurus
Posted by: Butterfly | 2006/03/31

Geez, please excuse the spelling... was typed in a hurry

Reply to Butterfly