Question
Posted by: Rosy | 2009/01/19

Effects of stopping the pill

I have been on the pill for about +/- 5 years now, and decided to stop the pill 2 months ago. I have received my period regularly since then, maybe a day or two late, but the bleeding is very heavy. Is this normal. I also seem to get frequent headaches and feel nauseous as well since leaving the pill, kindly advise if this is normal and if it will subside. Thanks.

It is normal. The Pill makes periods lighter and also protects from PMS. You are probably going back to what things were like before you started the Pill.