Question
Posted by: Lucy | 2004/12/10

Effects of Anaesthesia on my cycle

Have a question on the effects of Anaesthesia on my cycle - can it cause my cycle to change? Or, can it make me skip my period for a month?
Had an operation end of October - my period was on time, thereafter I was due 30/11 - still nothing happening? Or maybe it could be something else?

Anaesthesia should not affect your cycle, but stress certainly can.
If you are sexually active, pregnancy would be a possibility.

1
Posted by: Nix | 2004/12/10

Hi Lucy,

I've had quite a few ops recently and haven't noticed an effect on my cycle. If it was a big op or you went through a stressful period, it could cause a delay. Wait to see what gynaedoc says.

Any chance you could be pregnant?

Hope you've recovered from your op
Nix

Reply to Nix