Question
Posted by: baby C | 2004/01/06

effects of alcohol & drugs during pregnancy

I recently discovered that i am 20 weeks pregnant. I am worried that the baby may not be ok as i had been drinking alcohol, had contraceptive injections, taken the morning after pill, taken medication that contains steroids (celestamine) and been under a tremendous amount of stress due to exams & the end of a relationship. Since i've found out, i've stopped the alcohol, caffeine & celestamine. what problems am i likely to face?

If you had excessive amounts of alcohol , this could affcet the pregnancy. I would suggest that you do a Google search under Fetal alcohol syndrome to look at the effects on the fetus. The injectable and morning after pill should not have any effect. The Celestamine should not be a problem either.

1
Posted by: sass | 2004/01/07

see your gyane for a full check-up and ask him or her!

My friend also found out she was pregnant at 4 months. Her father had just died, she'd been taking anti-depressants, her marriage was falling apart, etc and the baby came out perfect!

Reply to sass