Question
Posted by: ciska | 2004/02/04

Effects

I've been of the pill for almost 3 weeks now. Ever since I left the pill, I've been having these terrable moodswings, HIGH LIBIDO, headaches, lightheadedness and my stomach feels as if it contains a bunch of liquids. I get heartburn very quickly and I just feel terrible. My urine is also very yellow after drinking 1 and a half litres of water every day. It's also burny quite frequently. Is this the pills fault? Or can it be something else? I have an appointment at the gynae on the 9th February at 16h30. It will be my first. BIT SCARED!!!

Thanks for all the help!

You may have a bladder infection which accounts for the burning urine. You can probably wait till the 9th to check this. In the meantime, drink lots of water and you could take Citrosoda. The rest of your symptoms are likely to be related to your body readjusting to stopping the Pill. They should get better in due course.