Question
Posted by: Jan | 2003/03/13

Effect of diet on acne and cellulite

I have two problems which are bothering. Firstly my acne and secondly my cellulite. I have tried every cream and potion imaginable. However someone recently told me my diet could have an effect. Could this be? Does diet have an effect on acne and cellulite? Are there any foods, vitamins or minerals in particular that I should be having or avoiding?

Dear Jan
If you are suffering from acne, then this is a hormone problem and you need to consult a Dermatologist so that you can receive appropriate treatment with products such as Roaccutane or Tetracyclines. The cellulite may respond to targeted exercise and/or treatments such as body wrapping which is done at beauty salons. Try phoning Lillian Terry International and ask about their Aromeopathic Cellulito treatments (012) 361-2606.
Diet does not really affect either condition as long as you are eating a balanced diet (click on 'Diet' and 'View old Diet & Food site' and read the articles on 'Balanced Diet I-IV'.

1
Posted by: fruity | 2003/03/16

I am a 20yr old female and was already on Diane because i had the same problem with acne (then i had the hugest breakout and couldnt understand why coz surely the Diane should be treating it!)- so i became concerned that it could be diet related, i think to some degree it is. I found that eating alot of carrots does wonders- the vitaC, vita A and the beta carotene are so good for the skin. So the orange veggies helped but only to an extent, so i spoke to a nutritionist, and said that i should see a gynae because it must be hormone related. I am glad to say i am on additional medication to Diane to control the testoterone levels in my system which caused the acne. My skin is so much better, it still has its ups and downs, but at least i can go out without makeup, if i choose. Good luck, and just keep trying things until it works for u, as everyone is different and reacts to diff things. As for the cellulite- gym water gym and more gym!

Reply to fruity