Question
Posted by: stephan | 2007/08/17

Effect of Diane35 on male

Good day Dr Cassim
I am a male that havs been on Diane 35 now for about 5 years,I use it to keep my acny under controle, I have stoped taking it a couple of times but the problem returned so I just went back onto the treatment.My question is will I be able to ever have children seeing that I have been useing the female hormons for so long

Dear Stephan

In my opinion it was certainly ill advised to use such potent contraceptive/anti-androgen medication. I would advise you to have a semen analysis done as soon as possible. This will in essence give a good indication of the extent of any adverse effects if any that the medication may have caused thus far.