Posted by: Young Mother | 2009/06/24


I am wanting to know if there are any government or subsidised places or hospitals that can do an EEG which is reasonable/subsidised. We have no medical aid and I need this test to be done. I have done some research and I need to confirm/erase the possibility that i have TLE or some other form of brain disorder. There are things that are very wrong with me, my reactions, my personality and general mood swings. I have been quoted R1800 cash up front from a neurologist at our local Netcare hospital? Help!!!

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

ANy competent teaching hospital /Medical school should be able mto have facilties to do an EEG, as should any competently run major state hospital. But you may not be appoaching the problem in the most efficient way. Dont' start with a form of examination, like the EEG, which may or may nor clarify what your problem is ( and ther are MANY possible causes for what you describe ). Rather, instead, see a good neurologts at your nearest medical school or state hospital, or even a psychiatrist ( who can alsor refer you for an EEG if after assessment he thinks it would help. An EEG on its own often produces non-specific reshlts that don't answer any question usefully,

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: anon | 2009/06/24

why dont you call a medi clinic office or hosptial , they should be able to at least give you more info

Reply to anon

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.