Question
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/12/14

Eeeek!

Just took HIS new jeans out of the tumble dryer (can't hang things outside here, they don't get dry) and they have shrunk!!! Oh Boy! Tantrums tonight!? I don't think I can cope with one so soon after the previous one! Help!

Any chance he can manage a crash diet and fit the tiny jeans ? Or pop them back in the dryer till they fit the cat or dog ?
But I like Shooter's sugegstion, too ; if the shrinkage isn't too severe, you could suggest that well, he HAS been putting on a lot of weight recently.

26
Posted by: V | 2005/12/14

I love the "dried arrangement" - classic !!!
Yes really it sound like you are stuck with a real turd. Why can you not talk back, you are not his child, stuff him.

When he walks through the door, put the jeans in front of him and tell him to get it off his chest.

I mean you would shrink his jeans on purpose, does he not know that accidents do happen?

Or just try and shove him in the tumble dryer, maybe the shrinkage will work on him too.

Reply to V
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/12/14

Mmmm, two problems there. Firstly, my son wears the same size pants as him (he is only 13 but as tall as him as well) and secondly, talking back is like adding fuel to the flames. But shrinking them some more is sounding better by the minute. Parsley in my ears might do the trick, then I won't hear him rant and rave.

Reply to Frusty
Posted by: Delene | 2005/12/14

Frusty, on a more serious note.
I dont understand really what is the big problem. Is he THAT petty!???
Its a jean, the stores have got plenty!?

I feel sorry for you. and it reminds me how lucky I am. Cuz if its my husband he will even try to fit them on just for a laugh & parade in the house with them. WITH THE LACE.

has your husband got no sense of humor at all?

Reply to Delene
Posted by: figured it out | 2005/12/14

Tell him you actually bought the jeans for your son to grow into in a few years time, but you cant wait that long, so decided to shrink them. Your hubby should be happy that you are so thoughtful, and if he gets angry tell him he is so inconsiderate and selfish.

So try shrink them some more!

Reply to figured it out
Posted by: Shakira | 2005/12/14

Oh my goodness, MY gut is hurting cause of all the laughing! You really are all a silly bunch ;)

Reply to Shakira
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/12/14

I am having such a good laugh here, but at the same time it feels like there is something eating away inside my gut. I just know what is going to happen. Oh Poo!

Reply to Frusty
Posted by: Delene | 2005/12/14

Tell him you shrunk them on purpose....for his "tools" to actually fit in....

Reply to Delene
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/12/14

Hahaha, Tango, that is the funny part. He had to get new ones because he had put on weight. Hahahaha.

And yes, they have shrunk a LOT!

Reply to Frusty
Posted by: Tango | 2005/12/14

Shrunk? Don't be mad. I've been meaning to tell you you've got fat!!!

Reply to Tango
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/12/14

Believe me, I have often thought of the lobotomy, but not with a nail and hammer!!! My bare hands and his dried arrangement were the tools of choice!

Reply to Frusty
Posted by: shooter | 2005/12/14

if they hvent shrunk too muchthen just say he is imagining things or might have picked up an inch or 2 around the middle

Reply to shooter
Posted by: figured it out | 2005/12/14

What the heck, just go for a frontal lobotomy, one nail to forehead with a hammer.

That way you save on cotton, trying to keep his mouth shut while sewing, and saves on having to make up fo rhte shrunk jeans. Wont have to cut up your lace knickers either.

Reply to figured it out
Posted by: ASP | 2005/12/14

Try a zig-zag ? or maybe even use the overlocker? hehehe (ouch!)

Reply to ASP
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/12/14

Hey, that's an idea! Mmmm, what stich shall I use and do I have enough cotton? Maybe the serpentine stitch will do the trick.

Reply to Frusty
Posted by: Delene | 2005/12/14

Frusty, now thats a funny thought to comfort yourself through the tantrums..LOL

Reply to Delene
Posted by: ASP | 2005/12/14

Just leave the jeans and rahter sow his mouth shut.

Reply to ASP
Posted by: Delene | 2005/12/14

Wash it in cold water again and rather do not tumble dry
Has it shrunk allot!?
Throw it away and say nothing. Untill he ask then you play ignorant.

Reply to Delene
Posted by: figured it out | 2005/12/14

Hahahahahahahaha.......

Small, jeans, lace on his butt, squeaking his way down the street.

Reply to figured it out
Posted by: Liza | 2005/12/14

I just noticed that there's a big difference between "on the bottom" and "at the bottom". I'm imagining a guy somewhere walking around in too-small jeans, with ruffled lace on his behind LOL.

Reply to Liza
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/12/14

I am not worried about the shrinkage in that area of the jeans, a bit of a squeeze there might make him think! Hahahaha. Just thought that the dried arrangement there might crumble to dust!

Reply to Frusty
Posted by: figured it out | 2005/12/14

I think chop a hole and put lace there as well ... LOL

Reply to figured it out
Posted by: figured it out | 2005/12/14

Sewing may help, but that wont stop his voice becoming sqeaky! What you gonna do about that, chop him or chop a hole in the jeans

Reply to figured it out
Posted by: ZeeZee | 2005/12/14

Lol I can just imagine a guy in jeans with lace on the bottom....lmao

Reply to ZeeZee
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/12/14

Yeah, then sew some pretty lace on the bottom to make them longer!! Heeheeheehee.

Reply to Frusty
Posted by: ASP | 2005/12/14

LOL

Reply to ASP
Posted by: figured it out | 2005/12/14

Not a problem. Hide the jeans for a while, and feed him paper with water sauce! Within about the jeans ought to be the right size.

Reply to figured it out