Posted by: Hospital | 2008/06/27

Edenvale hospital

Hi guys, not sure where you some of you stay - but hoping you would be able to assist me.
Has anyone been or seen Edenvale Hospital? Does it look or is the treatment of patients decent. My cousin has a choice to either go to Edenvale or Willem Cruywagen for childbirth and am wondering which one is better btw the 2. They are both govt hospitals.

Suggest she visits both hospitals and makes up her mind based on the findings

Posted by: Roses | 2008/07/04

Edenvale Hosp is not good, esp for childbirth. If she's gonna just give birth & go straight hom then its OK...But if she's gonna sleep over, my best adice would be to go somewhere else.

I know two ppl who gave birth there, one had a caesar & she passede away because she had an infection(someone didn't clean her properly) we went 2 complain but nothing was done. The other gave birth normally, but she's still having problems 6 months down the line.

When it comes to public hospitals, the (better) one would be Baragwana Hosp...the staff there take better care of the babies & they are VERY strict, so u wont have problems there (except the queue & bad attitude of course).

Either way, just go there and check it out yourself.

Reply to Roses
Posted by: Leigh | 2008/06/28

Hi I live in Edenvale it does not have a great reputation but I have not personally been and I am not sure if the maternity ward is better than the rest so good idea to visit and speak to some people there at both of them!! good luck x

Reply to Leigh