Posted by: steven | 2011/05/09

ED - which expert best to see?!

Hi doc,

Been experiencing some erection failure with a new partner, which is bugging me alot and is putting strain on the relationship.

Who is the best to see, should I book a session with a urologist first up, should i go to a general GP, mens health clinic!?

Please advice.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageSexologist

Dear Steven,

If your GP is sensitive to the holistic approach to understanding human sexuality, you could start with him/her, who could first address and assess for the possible medical contributors to ED and also do a general assessment of your sexual relationship and then refer you on to the next appropriate professional which if need be could be a urologist or a sex therapist or both.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.