Question
Posted by: Annie | 2005/07/14

Eczema or what?

In summer I get this dry patches of skin around the back of my feet on the skin above my heels. It looks like huge white dandruff flakes. Its absolutely hideous. I've used everything possible on the market, being to a skin specialist. He said it is eczema, but the medication did not have any effect on my problem. This only occures in summer. Winter times no sign of them.

Please help!

Expert ImageArchive

I suggest you return to the skin specialist when your feet are at their worst, sometines the cream used initially isnt strong enough, and a change will be necessary. But I would also like you to go to a podiatrist as it may be a simple case of reducing the skin and using a moisture replenishing cream with added mild acids South African Another cause of problem heels in summser only is constant use of sandals, and the podiatrist will advise you on the correct footwear
Podiatry assn 0861 100 249