Question
Posted by: Amanda | 2007/12/12

Eczema?

I just wanted to know if i had eczema. I did read your "head to toe" feature and it does sound similar, but let me give you some back round history. I did go to my GP but she said that i was "Hypo-allergic" as a result of being allergic to the pill. So i went off the pill and its been 5 months now and im still getting these rashes (almost like little flea bites that pop up in any arb area and then after a minute or two of intense itchiness ... disappear). I have always had sensitive skin since i was young ... such as allergic to perfumes and bubble bath and certain soaps but never to this extreme. My family does have a history of asthma, although i dont have it, but could these rashes be linked ... or is the pill maybe still in my system?
Thank-you
Amanda

Dear Amanda
No the pill should not be in your system still. Try taking a long acting antihistamine like Zyrtec or Loratidine at night?
Your doctor can check your IGE with a blood test - if very high, she could refer you to an allergy clinic.
See http://www.allergy-clinic.co.uk/urticaria.htm