Question
Posted by: Itchy | 2004/01/31

ECZEMA

What causes eczema dn how does one treat it and make sure it does not occur?

Itchy, eczema is the response the skin has to an irritant of some sorts. It is treated by avoiding the irritant (if we’re able to identify it) and cortisones of different sorts. There is also a new product called Elidel® that has shown a lot of promise. If you need more information on eczema, please e-mail me at CyberDoc@mweb.co.za and I’ll cut & paste you something as soon as my virus problem has been sorted out. Good luck.

1
Posted by: john | 2004/02/01

I have had first hands experience with eczema and read alot about the subject. My conclusion is that the conventional medical field do not really understand how it is caused and ultimately do not know how to cure the condition.

A low immune system and mineral deficiencies is caused by a diet high in carbohydrates (mainly sugar and wheat products). People who have mineral deficiencies (namely zinc) develop dermatitis like symptoms.

By eating a diet high in carbohydrate the digestive system does not operate efficiently and nutrients are not adequately absorbed into the body. The key to curing eczema is by changing the gut ecology through diet which will allow the body to absorbe the vital nutrients so badly needed to maintain a healthy skin and other vital functions.

Cortisone creams are not a solution to eczema and nor is avoiding irritants. People with eczema eventually become allergic to everything under the sun. I used to be allergic to aqeous cream!! Cortisone creams treat the symptoms and not the root cause of the condition. Cortisone creams also make the skin thin and as a result when you scratch (which you will) you bleed. Also the itch goes away only to come back twice as bad as before.

Eczema is cured through correct diet! I struggled with eczema from childhood and was told that it cannot be cured. I have used (and over used) cortisone creams, and everything else under the sun. Now I wash myself with normal soap and with no itchiness whatsoever. (My whole face was covered with a dry, red rash, my hands were dry, chapped and bleeding) - and cortisone just had no effect.

What I found improves the condition is by taking 100mg of zinc per day and applying ozonated oils to the affected areas. But ultimately the condition is cured by following a carbohydrate restricted diet. There are reports of people curing their eczema by following other diets as well namely Gerson etc..

Eczema is cured from the inside not by using creams from the outside.

Contact me at jstrats@iafrica.com for a copy of this diet.

Reply to john