Question
Posted by: FLOWER | 2006/10/25

ectopic pregnancy & endometriosis

Good afternoon to all out there. I have a question and want to find out if anyone has had this situation.After TTc for a few months, I fell pregnant, but it was not for long when the Gynie discovered that it was an ectopic pg, and because the ovarian tube ruptured, they had to remove it.After the removal I fell pg a month after the tube was removed with a baby boy who has just turned 7. 14 months later I was pg with baby no 2 who is now 5. After the second pg, the Gynie discovered that I have stage 3 endometriosis. He did a laparoscopy to laser it off and things was sort of okay for 2 years after that, but now the endometriosis are back worst as ever and my gynie gave me two options, either the mirena or a full abdominal hysterectomy,I decided to go with the hysterectomy which is scheduled for November, but what I would like to find out is that is it possible for the endometriosis to be associated with the ectopic pg, did I maybe have endo with the very forst pg but it was never picked up? All responses will be appreaciated. Have a carefree day!!

Endometriosis is not associated with ectopic pregnancies. As you seem to have fallen pregnant quite easily, the endometriosis probably developed after the last pregnancy.