Posted by: Nicole | 2011/03/16

Ectopic pregnancy

I have had 2 ectopics. 1 a year ago and the 2nd a week ago.
Both my falopian tubes have been closed because they were to badly damaged to save. What are our other options for falling pregnant? What is the safest and most succesful way?
And would our medical aid help us pay for any of this? Please help.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageFertility expert

Dear Nicole

If both your fallopian tubes have been affected with ectopic pregnancies then your only option is a procedure called in-vitro fertilization [IVF]. This would try and achieve a pregnancy by bypassing the fallopian tubes when they are damaged or blocked. It is unfortunate that most medical aids will not pay for a procedure like this which I think they should pay for. So I suggest that you see a fertility clinic that is closest to you to help you start with IVF.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.