Question
Posted by: AQUA | 2008/05/22

ECTOPIC PREGNANCY

Dear Doc,

I went to see my GP on the 13 May 08 for a visit to do a pregnancy test. My test was positive and she said it looks like I could be 5 and a half months pregnant.

The problem is that at the same time, I was and still am experiencing sever pains. She gave me medication for a stomach virus, which I only have to take when I experience the pains. The other problem is that she couldnt really see the embryo in the center of my womb but it seemed like it was somewhere on the base of my womb.

Could this mean that I have an Ectopic Pregnancy, due to the pains and the fact that the embryo wasnt very visible? I experienced extreme pains again last night which the tablets helped, but no spotting. Could it just maybe be the stomach virus thats causing the pain and that the embryo was too small at the time for the GP to pick it up properly on the scan?

Please give me some clarity on this! THANK YOU...

At 5 weeks it would be too small to see the embryo well. If something was seen in the womb, an ectopic pregnancy is unlikely, but perhaps you need to go back for a check.

3
Posted by: AQUA | 2008/05/22

I'm so sorry, I meant 5 and a half weeks.

Reply to AQUA
Posted by: Eve | 2008/05/22

Go and see your gynae straight away, if you do not have one, find one. It cannot be an etopic pregnancy so I would go and get checked.

Reply to Eve
Posted by: Jelly | 2008/05/22

This does not sound right to me, at 5 almost six months the baby is not a dot any more but a full grown baby.
in a etopic the foetus will only grow till 5 to 6 weeks and will burst, the only way to know it , will be through a blood test, but in your case at 5 months i am to say it can not be a etopic.

kind regards

Reply to Jelly