Question
Posted by: Daisie | 2008/05/22

Ectopic Pregnancy

What causes Ectopic pregnancy and what are the treatments? Or how should I prevent it from happening. I had it two times now. Pleeease HELP ME!!

Often tubal damage following infections can result in an ectopic pregnancy, but sometimes there is no obvious cause. You should not use IUCDs as contraception, otherwise there is nothing you can do to prevent it. If you ahve had 2 ectopic pregnancies in seperate tubes, you may not be able to fall pregnant agian.

1
Posted by: VIRGO | 2008/05/22

Hi Daisie

Some of the most common causes of an ectopic pregnancy are:
• Pelvic inflammatory disease
• A history of endometriosis
• Previous tubal surgery
• Multiple induced abortions
• Scar tissue in the pelvic area
• Advancing age
Surgery is the only treatment option as you cannot have a successful ectopic pregnancy. If a woman has an ectopic pregnancy. She can become pregnant again. However, after having an ectopic pregnancy, the woman is at risk of it happening again. As for the prevention, unfortunately ectopic pregnancy can not be prevented.

Hope this helps!

Reply to VIRGO