Question
Posted by: Rai | 2008/01/11

Ectopic Pregnancy

I had an ectopic and damaged one tube. I last fell pregnant 1 year ago and miscarried. What can I do to fall pregnant quickly as I am turning 38 this year

Dear Rai

If both ovaries are still intact, ovulation would be alternating between the right and left ovary. Therefore each time you ovulate from the side of the damaged tube, the chances of pregnancy would be remote. To increase the likeliood of ovulation from the healthy side each month, I advise ovulation induction using either clomophine citrate (fertimed, serophene etc.) or alternately a combination of clomophine citrate plus low dose injection bearing in mind your age. Obviously ovulation monitoring is necessary and can be accomplished with ultra sound scanning in the case were injectables are used for stimulation of the ovaries. Where clomophine citrate is been used only then urine LH home testing kits may well suffice in terms of ovulation monitoring and planning intercourse accordingly.

1
Posted by: Jvdw | 2008/01/11

Hi Rai

Do you have any additional underlying pathology i.e. endo or PCOS etc.?

My DH & I found that Staminogro did help both of us! Have you had a HSG scan yet? Perhaps ask your Gynae to carry out the whole blood panel. Was it your first miscarriage? I am going to do a bit of research on some of the "fertility" supplements on the market with the help of my gynae as I want to increase my chances again.

I have also just miscarried and plan on ttc as soon as possible, I am 32 and would like to still have 3 kiddies. Come to the Infertility forum too there are some wonderful ladies giving great advice and support.

Reply to Jvdw