Question
Posted by: zinzizo | 2004/10/08

ectopic pregnancy

Im a bit worried, how many weeks in pregnancy should a scan detect a baby? Im worried because after a blood test which was positive i went to an ordinary GP and said he sees nothing yet in my uterus will it be because its early pregnancy or im having ectopic pregnancy?

However on the 1st of October i went to my gynae he said my womb/uterus is thick it seems theres something in but should wait a week i will be seeing him ths afternoon. But i just wante to know if ths is normal of the GP scan is not as powerful as the gynae's scan?

The scan is as good as the scanner. The resolution of machines also vary.

7
Posted by: Purple | 2004/10/08

The laparascopy was done at 6 weeks, and the home preg test and blood tests were done at 5 weeks.

Remember that a pregnancy is dated from the first day of your last period, so basically, the tests were done the week my period was due.

However, I did not think I was pregnant, as when the tube ruptured I started bleeding. I thought I was having a period, only the bleeding didn't stop, and was also very bright red.

I had pain in my shoulder, it felt like someone digging their thumb into me. Apparently the shoulder pain is referred pain from the free fluid pushing your diaphragm up.

I'm sure you will be fine. As Pauka says - be positive and don't think of the negative.

Also, if it is an ectopic, you will have found out early!

Will hold thumbs this weekend that all is well.

Reply to Purple
Posted by: zinzizo | 2004/10/08

Thanx Dr and thanx ladies

To: Purple
how many weeks did your Dr saw that you had an ectopic pregnancy and how many weeks did you do pregnancy test which came with faint line? Thanx

Reply to zinzizo
Posted by: Pauka | 2004/10/08

Hi Zinzizo

TRY TO POSITIVE DONT THINK OF NEGATIVE THINGS, RELAX DONT STRESS'

BEST WISHES

keep us posted

Luv Pauka

Reply to Pauka
Posted by: Purple | 2004/10/08

Good luck. I hope its not an ectopic pregnancy.

I had an ectopic pregnancy. The home preg test showed a faint positive. The blood test on that day was positive, two days later, the blood test gave a negative result.

The gynae did a scan and couldn't see a baby in my womb, but saw lots of free fluid. He thought I had lost a baby, but asked me to come back again two days later so that he could monitor the free fluid as he was concerned about an ectopic pregnancy. When I went back, he was still unsure, so did a laparascopy. I had an ectopic pregnancy. My tube had ruptured (it was the pain an d bleeding of the tube rupturing that caused me to go to the doctor in the first place). I was 6 weeks. I had my fallopian tube removed.

Ask your gynae to check thoroughly and mention your concern, as the pain of the tube rupturing is horrendous and then affects your future fertility. I was lucky and fell pregnant 5 months later, and now have a healthy 8 month old baby boy.

Let us know how it goes.

Reply to Purple
Posted by: zinzizo | 2004/10/08

Im sorry about that, im four weeks (4)

Reply to zinzizo
Posted by: zinzizo | 2004/10/08

Hi Albert

Im started 4 weeks on the 6th October, i also went for blood test on the 6th and the Dr told on the 6th that there's nothing yet i dont kno if its bcz its too early

Reply to zinzizo
Posted by: Albert | 2004/10/08

For you to be on the safe side, wait for afternoon to be sure. How many weeks?

Good Luck

Reply to Albert