Question
Posted by: Cas | 2005/01/13

Ectopic Preg

Good day Doctor

I would like sum advise from you! I will be turning 39 this year
last year I had a miscarriage and in Dec 04 I had a Ectopic Pregnancy. I have never had any children prior to the previous events. I would like to know what will be mine and my husband
chances of having a baby?

I would like to say thank you for your time.

Cas

Fertility does decrease with age, though you seem to be able to fall pregnant without much difficulty. The fact that you had an ectopic pregnancy probably means that you only have one tube. If the other tube is okay, your chances will be slightly reduced compared to having two healthy tubes, but would still be reasonable.

1
Posted by: nini | 2005/01/13

Cas, I had almost a similar experience. The difference with me is that I had two miscarriages before the ectopic pregnancy in December 2003. I am now 28 weeks pregnant at the age of 35, so it is very possible just relax and you will eventually get pregnant soon.

Take it easy as I was so depressed trying to fall pregnant and that was not helping at all.

Reply to nini