Question
Posted by: Ectopic | 2007/11/30

Ectopic

Subject: Ectopic
Posted by: Concerned
Message:

I have recently discovered that I have a large cyst on my ovary. As I suspected that I could be pregnant, my doctor ordered a quantitative BCHG test, which was initially quite low. A few days later, another blood test revealed that the count was significantly higher.

The problem is that the scans done do not show that I am pregnant.

Could it be that the cyst is causing false blood test results? Or what is the liklihood of it being an ectopic pregancy?

Please help!
Date: 20/11/2007

Subject: RE: Ectopic
Posted by: Ectopic
Message:
I have had another quantitative blood test, which showed another increase in beta levels, but my gynae still can't see anything on the scan. I am having a fourth blood test next week.

How accurate are these quantitative blood tests?
Date: 23/11/2007

Subject: RE: Ectopic
Posted by: Ectopic
Message:

My blood levels have risen yet again - there is now something visible (very small though) on the scan. What is the chances of this being viable?
Date: 27/11/2007

You don't say when your last period was. It is only possible to see something on scan from 5-6 weeks. The cyst will only need removal if it is large or causes problems.

1
Posted by: Ectopic | 2007/11/30

My blood levels are now over 9000. The embryo on the scan is minute, but there!

What is the chance of this being a viable pregnancy?

Will the cysts need to be removed while I am pregnant?

Reply to Ectopic